Dear Valued Client,
The health and well-being of our clients, employees, and communities we serve is of paramount importance. During these uncertain times related to the COVID-19 outbreak, we feel it is important to update you regarding our commitment to provide service and support.
Communication and transparency is critical right now, so here’s what we want you to know:
Why is Tree Care an “essential service”?
Davey provides essential services for maintaining electric infrastructure, providing storm clean-up and disaster response services, and ensuring public safety through tree risk assessment and maintenance, and invasive species and injurious pest mitigation. Spring is a particularly important time.
We are here for you.
With the nature of our low contact services, we plan to operate and perform tree and landscape services as requested by our clients. We are requiring our teams to use hand sanitizer before exiting their vehicles prior to entering a client’s property and deep-cleaning tools and equipment.
Additionally, when clients do need to interact with one of our local team members directly, they understand that in order to reduce the potential spread of infection, they will comply with recommended social distancing practices and will not offer a handshake, etc. As an additional measure, we will call in advance of a property visit in the event that you have questions.
We understand it’s tough to feel at ease in a time like this, and we are happy to send any proposals or invoices digitally via email upon client request.
We’ve also heightened the following social distancing measures within our teams:
- Team members’ hours have shifted to decrease the number of people and crews interacting in the office at one time.
- Our client experience coordinators are now working from home and are set up to continue responding to your phone calls without disruption.
We are working diligently to minimize any delays in service due to impact from these changes and will contact clients directly if there are any adjustments to already scheduled appointments.
How is Davey responding to COVID-19?
To help keep you, your community, our employees and their families safe and healthy, you can find the details of immediate steps in response to COVID-19 here.
We are prepared to maintain operations and respond to your needs and questions. In the event circumstances change, we will contact you directly.
The importance of Spring service
Spring is a critical time of year for our industry due to the abundance of plant growth that requires prompt maintenance and care. Any halt or service delay during this time of year magnifies potential safety problems.
- Hazardous tree removal: Dead or declining trees pose a threat to you and your home. They can lose branches or fail in a storm and severely damage your home or property.
- Pruning: For safety purposes, remove any dead, dying or decaying branches to keep your tree (and home) safe.
- Leaf disease and fungal treatments: Spring’s typically wet conditions create the perfect environment for disease development. Appropriate timing of preventative treatments is critical to get ahead of issues.
- Pest Management: A number of insects and pests are most active during spring and early summer and specific treatment windows are required for optimal impact. If not properly treated, significant damage could result
We thank you for your continued trust in Davey.
Since 1880, we have weathered many storms, and we are prepared to support our clients, employee-owners and the communities we serve during this outbreak.
If you have specific questions regarding your service, please contact your local office.